Which UNIX?

Marc Unangst mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us
Mon Sep 17 11:00:51 AEST 1990

allbery at NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR/KT) writes:
> Never mind "buggy" --- SCO UNIX has C2-much [ ;-) ] security for most users.
> ESPECIALLY on a public access site, unless you plan to be a fascist sysadmin.
> ("Fascist"?  Not even Hitler was as bad as C2 security can be --- and
> configuring it is a major pain, even with the sysadmsh.)

Huh?  When you install SCO Unix, you are given the choice of whether
or not you want C2 security enabled.  Even if you choose "yes", you
can still disable it later on.  Use the /etc/relax command.

Note that once you go from C2->regular, you may not be able to get
back to C2 without reinstalling the system, though.

--
Marc Unangst               | "da-DE-DA: I am sorry, the country you have
mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | dialed is not in service.  Please check the