Which UNIX?

Brian_C_McBee at cup.portal.com Brian_C_McBee at cup.portal.com
Mon Sep 10 12:25:59 AEST 1990

I am pondering buying a 386 machine on which to run UNIX, and I am wondering
which UNIX I should buy.  ESIX certainly looks like the least expensive SYS V,
but what am I giving up if I go with it?  I will probably be using the machine
for software developement, and to run a Public Access Unix.  Will DOS-Merge
or something similar run under Esix?  Does the TCP/IP include SLIP?  Should
I just say f*ck it and spend the extra money for SCO?  Any and all horror
stories appreciated.