OS costs

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Sun Sep 16 16:50:31 AEST 1990

src at scuzzy.mbx.sub.org (Heiko Blume) writes:

> the GNU Bulletin from June says a free version should be available this year.
> if they can't get Mach they want to use MIT's TRIX or Berkley's Sprite.

Sorry for the boundless pessimism about FSF (for which I have some respect)
but the statement in the 6/90 GNU's Bulletin is approximately the same as
the statement in the 6/88 GNU's Bulletin.  In two years, their progress, to
a first approximation, has been zero.  They're working on stuff other than
the OS.  They're waiting for someone else to produce something they can
use.

I wish them well (sincerely!) but I hold out no hope until I see some real
movement.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...I'm not cynical - just experienced.