SLIP on SCO UNIX 3.2?

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Thu Sep 27 04:56:48 AEST 1990

In article <105784 at uunet.UU.NET> ebersman at uunet.UU.NET (Paul Ebersman) writes:
>Have any of the public domain SLIPs been ported successfully to SCO
>UNIX 3.2?

	Hmmm, dunno about the PD versions but right now the 386 box in my cube
	is going over a serial line to our central server via the SL/IP that
	comes with SCO's TCP/IP package for UNIX. ( The server is running the
	Xenix SCO TCP/IP package). It all works fine and dandy. Get almost
	5k/sec xfer on large files. NOTE: I'm using a 56K serial line, one
	of the advantages of the DigiBoard line...B^).

	If you need to run SL/IP on SCO systems just use what came with SCO
	TCP/IP. Remember to have the ethernetted server do a proxy arp
	for it's SL/IP clients or they won't be visable on the ethernet.
	(OK, OK, so you COULD manually put an entry in everyone's route
	  table but that's a little drastic...)

		-Rob Healey

Speaking for myself, not the employer.