Wangtek 5150ES/Adaptec 1542B and ISC 2.2

Support Account support at bomber.ism.isc.com
Sat Mar 2 03:27:04 AEST 1991

In article <stritzi.667759635 at ss5> stritzi at ss5 (Peer Stritzinger) writes:
>I have problems installing my Wangtek SCSI Tape under Interactive Unix 2.2
>ISC reports "2 SCSI DRIVES FOUND" during power-up. There is only one SCSI-
>harddisk connected to the Adaptec 1542. Changing the SCSI-ID of the tape
>doesn't have any effect.

The 3 common issues which casue problemw with SCSI tapes:

Incorrect major/minor device numbers (see section on HPDD in the
Maintenance Procedures section of the Operating System Guide).

Incorrect LUN (logical unit number). This seems to work best if
LUN > 3.

Incorrect DMA channel. Verify that the hardware DMA (should be
5 or 6) matches the value in software. This value is stored in

/etc/conf/cf.d/mdevice

on the line that begins with "TAPE" in the far left column. The
value is in the far right column. This value sometimes is delivered
as "-1". If it is incorrect, set it to match hardware  and rebuild
the kernel.

support