Problem compiling GCC on 386 machine

CusterDD ddc at druco.ATT.COM
Sat Mar 16 03:01:44 AEST 1991

Oisin Hurley (ombhurley at cs.tcd.ie) of Ireland writes:

>I'm trying to compile GCC 1.37.1 on a 386 with no 387. The Unix is
>Interactive's product. A certain piece of code causes my compiler to dump

You don't say which version of ISC UNIX it is.  And since you don't mention the
brand of compiler/include files, it is hard to help with the compile problem.

I have gcc, gas, and gdb running on ISC 2.2 (COFF), no 387.  You **MIGHT** be able to
use the binaries of these to bootstrap with.  Alot depends on the native
header files and linker (my gcc/COFF uses the native linker).
Anybody in netland know?

If you would like to try this, and there isn't anybody closer, mail me 3 3.5"
HD floppies or 4 5.25" high density and I will put the binaries and support
files on them for you.  I would email them to you, but I don't think it fair
to the net servers to ask them to foot the bill for ~4 Meg.  No charge for this,
but please include a self addressed mailer with postage.

David D. Custer
4184 E. 126th Avenue
Denver Colorado, 80241
USA