`lpadmin' and `lpforms' in SCO SysV3.2

Jeff Liebermann jeffl at comix.UUCP
Sun May 19 11:06:42 AEST 1991

In article <9105172311.aa01982 at art-sy.detroit.mi.us> chap at art-sy.detroit.mi.us (j chapman flack) writes:
>I've just begun setting up lp and company under SCO System V 3.2 (ODT 1.0.1)
>and have been having enormous problems.  `lpadmin' complains about invalid
[horrors with forms setup deleted]
>--
>Chap Flack                         Their tanks will rust.  Our songs will last.
>chap at art-sy.detroit.mi.us                                    -MIKHS 0EODWPAKHS

You need update unx249b from the sosco uucp bbs.  The following is an
exert from the accomanying unx249b.ltr
---------
UTILITY MODIFICATIONS
+ A new version of /usr/lib/lpsched(ADM), engineered especially to handle the
  use of filters and forms as specified in the documentation.  This corrects
  problems with /usr/lib/lpsched(ADM) dying with the following message when
  using the filters option:
     "UX: lp: ERROR: can't receive message from the LP print service.
          TO FIX: The LP print service apparently has been stopped.
          Get help from your system administrator."
+ A more robust /usr/lib/lpforms(ADM) binary that corrects problems experienced
  when attempting to configure a form.
+ A more robust /usr/lib/lpadmin(ADM) binary that corrects problems experienced
  when administering the forms feature of the print service.
FILE MODIFICATIONS
+ All of the model printer interface scripts have been revised and upgraded to
  include support for the filters feature of the print service.  The hpjet
[lots of stuff deleted]

Not connected with, employable by, or associated with SCO in any way.

--
# Jeff Liebermann   Box 272   1540 Jackson Ave     Ben Lomond    CA  95005
# 408.336.2558  voice           WB6SSY @ KI6EH.#NOCAL.CA.USA   packet radio