C bug in SCO Unix/ODT 1.0?

Scott Simpers scotts at qsp.COM
Sat May 18 12:05:23 AEST 1991

In article <814 at uswnvg.UUCP> cjackso at uswnvg.UUCP (Clay Jackson) writes:
>I think I've discovered a problem with SCO's ODT Development System Version
>1.0 - to wit:
>int fd;
>int mode = 00400;
>int o_mode = O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC;
>
>fd = open(filename, o_mode, mode);
>The obove code fails, returning an error code of ENOENT, which, in the
>SCO Man pages, is not a documented error for that particular flavor of
>open.  However:
>--
>Clay Jackson - N7QNM
>US WEST NewVector Group, Inc
>clayj at cjsysv.wa.com | ...uunet!uswnvg!cjackso

You say it fails.  In what way?  Does the file get created?  errno does not
get reset to 0 if a call succeeds.  Try setting errno=0 before the open()
call.  If you still get a non-zero value in the printf(), then maybe you
have a bona-fide problem.

I somehow doubt it, though.  I've been using O_CREAT in a commercial product
for nearly a year now without problems.

Scott Simpers
Quality Software Products                    voice: (213)410-0303
5711 W Slauson Avenue  Suite 240             fax: (213)410-0124
Culver City, CA  90230                       ...uunet!qsp!scotts