Performance in 486 EISA machines: ISC vs. SCO

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Fri May 24 14:23:19 AEST 1991

In article <49397 at ut-emx.uucp> solomon at chaos.utexas.edu (Thomas Solomon) writes:

>The Personal Workstation review of ISC and SCO has an intriguing section

My memory of this article is that it uses an obsolete version of SCO UNIX.

I notice that
in recent benchmarks in PW magazine they are still using SCO UNIX 3.2.0, not
the current 3.2.2, and I understand that disk I/O is one area that was
improved.  My memory is that this article used 3.2.1, but that's still before
the driver improvements went in.

I am running SCO ODT 1.0 (upgrading to 1.1 soon) on a 486/25; the final
release of 1.0 seems quite reliable.
--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408