wanted: UNIX or clone

Brian Crawford crawford at ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU
Mon May 6 02:35:41 AEST 1991

Subject: Re: wanted: UNIX or clone
Newsgroups: comp.unix.sysv386

In article <26 at metran.UUCP>, jay at metran.UUCP (Jay Ts) writes:
> Actually, I thought it worth mentioning that supporting terminals used
> with WordPerfect is another thing to watch out for.  I don't have the
> WordPerfect docs handy, but as I remember it, WordPerfect includes its
> own terminal support, so before you buy WordPerfect to use with your
> pet ADM-3a, you had better call them and ask if they support it.  Just
> having a terminfo description is not enough.  I even had a little trouble
> getting it to work with Wyse 60's; I found out that you I had to use the
> "wyse-epc8" (that's not the correct name, but it's close :-) definition,
> and I also had to change IXANY to IXOFF in the gettydef.

Are there groups here dev/passing sharing additions to what WP provides?
I tried writing a WP terminal def for tvi920 (the three tvi* 's that come with
it don't work on 920), and found that there was a somewhat less of a one-to-one
correspondence between WP terminal defs and termcap/terminfo.

Comments appreciated either to the group or by email.
Brian Crawford               INTERNET (current):   crawford at enuxha.eas.asu.edu
PO Box 804                            (permanent): crawford at stjhmc.fidonet.org
Tempe, Arizona  85280        FidoNet:              1:114/15.12
USA                          Amateur:              KL7JDQ