X.25 support for ULTRIX (VAX or MIPS)

Lars J Poulsen lars at salt.acc.com
Wed Jul 26 08:28:21 AEST 1989

In article <1489 at ndmath.UUCP>, milo at ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
>> Is anyone aware of an X.25 communications package that can
>> be used under Ultrix on either a DECstation (mips) or
>> microvax running Ultrix?

Ahem. The ACP5250 communications controller from ACC is just that: A
Motorola 68000 with 512 KB of RAM, a smart serial port on one side and a
Qbus DMA interface on the other side and a couple of EPROMs that
implement X.25 packet level in the middle.

Comes with a device driver that implements TCP/IP encapsulation and for
some extra $$ also lets you run X.29 virtual terminal service.

Max serial line speed is officially 300 kbps, unofficially T1.
Certified for use on the DDN (Defense Data Network) and several
commercial packet switched networks (Telenet, TYMNET, Accunet, ...).

Available in RS232, V.35 and RS422 flavours. Call our sales department
on 805-963-9431 to ask for pricing etc.

We are selling these to DEC in Europe to provide for Wide-Area
Networking of Ultrix systems. Also works with most 3rdparty TCP/IP
products for VMS.

This may be the only time my employer agrees with a posting of mine.

/ Lars Poulsen <lars at salt.acc.com>   (800) 222-7308  or (805) 963-9431 ext 358
  ACC Customer Service              Affiliation stated for identification only
                My employer probably would not agree if he knew what I said !!