Need help in accessing physical address in Unix

John Bruner jdb at mordor.UUCP
Tue Dec 10 13:04:38 AEST 1985

In article <612 at unisoft.UUCP> paul at unisoft.UUCP (n) writes:
>	Someone suggested the PHYS(2) system call for accessing physical
>						+
>addresses from user processes. This is a Uniplus   'feature', not a System
>V 'feature'.

Although the semantics may have been different, wasn't phys() a
V7 "feature"?  I remember writing a reboot program for the PDP-11
that used this system call.
--
  John Bruner (S-1 Project, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
  MILNET: jdb at mordor [jdb at s1-c.ARPA]	(415) 422-0758