Please do NOT use "/bin/test" as a command name

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Fri Dec 13 07:47:39 AEST 1985

> 	Also, I would love to try to break into a system kept secure by your
> shell scripts which do not contain absolute path names.  I would do exactly
> what you suggest - substitute my own versions of rm, mv, etc...

Wouldn't help, since all those shell scripts start with the magic line:

	PATH=/bin:/usr/bin ; export PATH

which solves the problem without requiring hardwired path names everywhere.
Also, it solves the problem for everything invoked by the shell script,
rather than just for the shell script itself.