4.2 on 8600 (repeat)

Bjorn Eriksen ber at enea.UUCP
Fri Dec 6 08:36:46 AEST 1985

In article <84 at calma.UUCP> radzy at calma.UUCP (Tim Radzykewycz) writes:
>From a programmer's point-of-view, however, it is almost identical.
>Binary images from a vanilla 4.2 system will work on an Ultrix
>system.

But if we look at the other end, that is Micro-Vax II, you will also
miss all of /usr/man and /usr/games.  I don't bother much about that
but to get rid of the serious security bugs in sendmail, still in
Ultrix 1.1, you can't move a binary image of sendmail from, say a 750
or 780 to a Micro-Vax.

--
	Bjorn Eriksen
	ENEA DATA Sweden

	UUCP:	{seismo,mcvax,cernvax,diku,ircam,prlb2,tut,ukc,unido}!enea!ber
	ARPA:	enea!ber at seismo.arpa