Help us defend against VMS!

Jim Paradis paradis at encore.UUCP
Wed Mar 2 05:53:24 AEST 1988

In article <4080 at megaron.arizona.edu> lm at megaron.arizona.edu (Larry McVoy) writes:
>I agree with the rest of the article but this part is not completely
>true.  VMS fortran is the de facto industry standard.
>
>I really feel sort of gross sticking up for VMS but this is one place
>that it shines, and fair is fair.

Well, I know of at least one company that produces a VMS-Fortran package for
UNIX.  In fact, it even comes with a DCL-like command interpreter and (I think)
an EDT-like editor.  The name slips my mind right now, but I'll see if I can
dig up a reference...

   +----------------+  Jim Paradis                  linus--+
+--+-------------+  |  Encore Computer Corp.       necntc--|
|  | E N C O R E |  |  257 Cedar Hill St.           ihnp4--+-encore!paradis
|  +-------------+--+  Marlboro MA 01752           decvax--|
+----------------+     (617) 460-0500             talcott--+
Well, what's the pleasure in THAT??!!