Problems with vaxuba/dm{f,x}.c and EMULEX CS41

Sean McLinden sean at cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU
Fri Oct 7 06:02:59 AEST 1988

There appears to be a problem with the Tahoe release
of the DMF driver. In particular, when the device is
an Emulex CS41 dmf look-alike, it autoconfigures OK,
but when the system goes into multiuser mode it crashes
with:

trap type 8, code = 89d55865, pc = 800395f8
Segmentation fault

The same kernel with a DMF32 does fine. Before I break
this apart has anyone seen this or does anyone know
what is the solution. We are working with the latest
Revs of both the CS41 and the UNIBUS.

Thanks.

Sean McLinden
Decision Systems Laboratory