The *ART* of Computer Programming

John R. Dudeck jdudeck at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Tue Mar 6 10:01:56 AEST 1990

I didn't realize that the remark I had posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc had somehow
gotten cross-posted to comp.unix.wizards.  I don't consider myself a wizard,
I don't normally read this group, and my first hint was a flaming email
message asking whether reading the specs was part of the job, implying
that I hadn't read the referral of follow-ups to email.

Anyway, after reading the thread of discussion, I feel a little better,
since a lot of you seem to have agreed with my remarks.

One last quote:

I have a professor who tells us, "If you do not show TLC towards your own
code, do not expect any from me, either!"

--
John Dudeck                           "You want to read the code closely..."
jdudeck at Polyslo.CalPoly.Edu             -- C. Staley, in OS course, teaching