Certainly NOT Re: tty security problems under SunOS 4.1 and SunOS 4.1.1

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Sat May 18 07:16:11 AEST 1991

In article <7601 at segue.segue.com> jim at segue.segue.com (Jim Balter) writes:
>without ever cracking a book on mathematics.  (And some are going, Yeah,
>what's wrong with that?")  It might be better if programmers were given intense
>analytical training before being let near a computer, with its instantly
>gratifying feedback.

Wait a sec. Exactly what are you trying to say here? Are you saying that
programmers should study books on programming well before they type one in
and see that it works? You just *can't* learn programming offline. It just
things just don't work that way. What's wrong with instantly gratifying
feedback? And what the hell does this have to do with tty security problems
under SunOS 4.1 and SunOS 4.1.1? Oh wait, I know -- people shouldn't be let
near ttys so they can't be the victims of that. I see.....

		-Kartik

--
internet% ypwhich

subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU -| Internet
kartik at silvertone.Princeton.EDU (NeXT mail)
SUBBARAO at PUCC.BITNET			          - Bitnet