Kermit posted on net.sources

guido at boring.UUCP guido at boring.UUCP
Thu Feb 28 05:06:33 AEST 1985

This is a nice Kermit implementation, that has been around for some time now.
I think it is at least the third time I have seen a posting of it (with small
changes) during the last half year.  The copyright notice goes back to 1981.

However, it is NOT the "C-Kermit" that was recently announced on the net
(was it by okstate?).  The latter is much more comprehensive; I believe it
even implements server mode.  But it is too big to post to net.sources,
which is why it can only be had by anonymous ftp or uucp from okstate (I
believe).

Sorry to disappoint you, folks!

	Guido van Rossum, "Stamp Out BASIC" Committee, CWI, Amsterdam
	guido at mcvax.UUCP