Accurate Timekeeping

Charles Brunow clb at loci.UUCP
Fri Dec 2 11:09:53 AEST 1988

In article <6163 at fluke.COM>, vince at tc.fluke.COM (Craig Johnson) writes:
> I have gotten tired of my 7300 keeping inaccurate time.
>
> A long time ago there was a program floating around which caused a
> daemon to start up which applied periodic adjustments to the system
> time.  Was this ever posted here or was it a commercial product?  If
> it is public domain could someone send me a copy or repost it?  Does
> anyone know if this program updates the real time clock hardware, or
> only the system time kept in software?

	You should have received the file "fixRTC.c" by now.  I used
	to have it in a shar with instructions but, ...

	I'm curious about the errors y'all are having; my system runs
	about 30 sec/wk fast and varies with season.  I've been keeping
	up with the rate for a good while now and my guess is that temp
	is the variable.  Anyway, fixRTC keeps my system running within
	about 5 secs of the WWV times if I check and diddle it monthly.
	Who else has some data?

#_\_@\\/\_@\\/\_@\            Charles Brunow                   Loci Products
# /--u// --u// --o/            clb at loci.UUCP                  POB 833846-131
# _ __  _ _ __  __ __   ..!uunet!texbell!loci!clb    Richardson, Texas 75083