+IN

Charles Brunow clb at loci.UUCP
Mon Nov 7 06:50:58 AEST 1988

In article <411 at whizz.UUCP>, bbh at whizz.UUCP (Bud Hovell) writes:
> I have several installable programs taken from the STORE, each of which
> specifies '/usr/lbin' as the residence for the program. I want all such
> executables to live in '/usr/local/bin', but have not yet been able to
> sed the changes and get the resulting +IN file to execute the installation.

	Create /usr/lbin and conform.  It's easier and simpler and it
	conforms with the path used by UUCP from other machines, which
	is hard coded in.

	It is probable that the sToRe programs also have hard-coded
	paths in them, and from a security point of view, that may be
	a good thing.  So keep your /u/l/b dir, but add /usr/lbin.

--
			CLBrunow - KA5SOF
	clb at loci.uucp, loci at csccat.uucp, loci at killer.dallas.tx.us
	  Loci Products, POB 833846-131, Richardson, Texas 75083