login security package

Greg Lee lee at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Wed Nov 30 23:06:08 AEST 1988

>From article <185 at loci.UUCP>, by clb at loci.UUCP (Charles Brunow):
" In article <519 at whizz.uucp>, bbh at whizz.uucp (Bud Hovell) writes:
" >
" > John Hough (jfh at rpp386) is building a drop-in replacement login, and this
"...
" 	I know this guy and his software and I wouldn't touch it with
" 	a stick.  This stuff is developed (loosely interpreted) on a
" 	xenix box and I recommend that you go through it very carefully
" 	before you put on real Unix.

I compiled his beta version on an Ultrix 2.2 system -- haven't
tried it on my unixpc.  There were calls to functions manipulating
utmp that are not in the Ultrix library, which I commented out for
the time being.  Other than that, it seemed to work ok.

		Greg, lee at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu