Drive in 3B1?

Steve Wampler sbw at naucse.UUCP
Wed Nov 9 08:35:25 AEST 1988

I have a (he thinks) fairly simple question about replacing
the drive in a 3B1.  I see that Miniscribe has a drive, the
model 6128, that is ST506/412, 110.1MB(formatted), with 1024
cylinders and 8 heads.  Can I drop one of these straight into
my 3B1 (which currently has a 40MB drive)?  If so, where are
some good places to get the above drive at a discount?  Are
their any competitor drives with similar/better features?

Another thing I'm considering is to drop in two MiniScribe
3085 (1/2 height) drives in place of the my current full-height
drive (slightly more storage than one 6128, but better avg
access time).  However, from John's hardware notes, this sounds
like considerably more work - not to mention the problem of
tying them both down inside the case.  Any comments?
--
	Steve Wampler
	{....!arizona!naucse!sbw}