+IN

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Mon Nov 7 12:18:16 AEST 1988

Re: Bod Hovell's comments about STORE distributions ending up in /usr/lbin
instead of /usr/local/bin, do what I did (since I prefer /usr/local/bin too):

snapshot ALL your system's files

      e.g.    ls -lR / > someplace

install the +IN file

snapshot again, and see what changed.  Then move the &^%^%$%* files to where
YOU want them to be!

Though the installable software sequence is probably a lifesaver for the
naive or beginning UNIXpc users (and it IS neato, don't get me wrong! :-)  I
don't appreciate others' assumptions concerning MY systems' organization.

It's too bad there isn't some kind of "parameter override" capability.

In any event, the sequence I outlined above does work, though it can be
tedious.  Most the STORE's distributions don't create too many new files,
so the hassle-factor is low.  CAUTION: some of the install process WILL
alter some files in the various UA directories and files, and that's why
I suggested the "-lR" option on the ls so you could see what files got
ALTERED in addition to those ADDED!

Thad Floryan [thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad]