/usr/adm/unix.log

Michael michael at stb.UUCP
Mon Sep 19 03:33:07 AEST 1988

I just discovered /usr/adm/unix.log

Questions:
#1. Does the system verify writes to the hard drive?
#2. How many repeats will the system take before it considers the read to
fail? (If it takes 10 tries, I won't consider my repeats of 1 to be a problem)
#3. Why doesn't a surface check find these?
#4. Is there any way to get these mesages into a more noticable place
(such as SMRG's message queue?)
				Michael
p.s. If the system doesn't verify writes (to both floppy and hard), how can
we/I make it verify them?
: ---
: Michael Gersten			 uunet.uu.net!denwa!stb!michael
:				sdcsvax!crash!gryphon!denwa!stb!michael
: Coff Coff <=== Stop smoking.