TeX (I've got it, but what is it?)

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Sat Sep 24 04:30:18 AEST 1988

Hmmmm. I'm not even sure what newsgroup this should go in.

I got the TeX/LaTeX/etc stuff for the unix-pc, as offered some time
ago in this group.  It is neat stuff, has lots of fonts and so on.

However, I find I had the wrong impression of what it was and how
I would be able to use it.  Do I have to write a printer driver to
do dot matrix stuff?  How is this to be sent to hard copy?

HOW DO I WRITE TEX SOURCE?

There are almost no docs in the distribution, so what I'm really
asking is where should I look for more.

I have here on-site several macintosh-en and unix-pcs, a LaserWriter
Plus, and and ATT471 printer.  These are all capable of some fancy
graphics things, if I can ever get them talking together.

Help?

---
Kevin O'Gorman ( kevin at kosman , csun!srhqla!kosman!kevin ) voice: 805-984-8042
  Vital Computer Systems, 5115 Beachcomber, Oxnard, CA  93035