Unix PC uugetty, Sun 3/50 or 4/110 getty

Dave Arnold dave at arnold.UUCP
Sun Jan 1 08:47:13 AEST 1989

In article <779 at rush.cts.com>, bob at rush.cts.com (Bob Ames) writes:

> We've got uugetty on the AT&T (3.51, hardware flow control enabled,
> new combo PROM, HDB/BNU).
   ^^^^ What is a new combo PROM?  My Combo card causes my system
to hang when I use tty001 or tty002, do I need a hardware patch?

I guess now is a good time for this question.

When HDB places a ACU call, why the *&^^% doesn't it open the port
with O_NDELAY?  I have to tell my modem to keep carrier high, which
is certainly not correct, and screws up detection of remote hangups.

Or am I missing something?
--
Dave Arnold
...!uunet!ccicpg!arnold!dave