Keyboard Cables?

J.L.WOOD jlw at lznv.ATT.COM
Mon Jan 30 02:36:43 AEST 1989

In article <7454 at ihlpf.ATT.COM>, gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM (Stewart) writes:
> Does anyone have any sources for UNIX-PC keyboard cables?
> A while back, someone posted information giving a number
> of sources of longer cables, coiled/non-coiled, shielded, etc.,
> but I can't seem to dig this up.

The original posting - somewhat updated:

>From postnews Wed Dec 10 14:41:01 1986
Subject: UNIX PC Keyboard Extension Cable
Newsgroups: unix-pc.general

A few weeks ago I was in one of our engineer's offices and
      ^^^^^ - Now over two years ago
much to my surprise I saw a picture of the UNIX PC's keyboard
cable on the front of a catalog he had.  I subsequently contacted
the company and obtained a working replacement cable (I'm using it
now) which is 2 1/2 times as long as the stock one.  This is extremely
handy for using the keyboard on one's lap or in certain types
of new office furniture with keyboard drawers which (naively)
assume that all cables come out of the back.  In any event,
here's what I have:

	Dupont Connector Systems
	Catalog 86-A p 372
		^^^^ - Very old catalog

	Latch-N-Lok (tm) Modular Interconnections

	Convergent Assembly 81610 in white but
	to extend 10 feet $20 ea, $14.35 100

	1-800-233-1173 ext 7552 Bonnie
				^^^^^^ - two+ year-old contact
			   7739 Cindy
				^^^^^  - also a two+ year-old contact

Meanwhile back in 1989.  I am still using these cables and no-one has
reported any problems with them yet.  I have placed two orders for
about twenty units each.  One order came in black which is why I have
added the <in white> specification.  I have used these as thank yous
for UNIX PC users who have done me favors.  Sorry I'm all out.

Joe Wood
jlw at lznv.ATT.COM