3b1/7300 and NetHack3.4

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Mon Oct 2 12:17:42 AEST 1989

In article <2445 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (J. Eric Townsend) writes:

|>Well, it seems 3.4 has finally outgrown the 3b1.  Even in super-stupid
|>mode, my machine wouldn't compile w/out givng a 'too many defines'
|>error.
|>If you've gotten it to run on a stock 3b1, let me know how, puhleeze?
|>For my curiosity's sake...
|>
|>I'm running gcc1.35 on it right now, so we'll see how *that* does. :-)

You can get away using the gnu-cpp (preprocessor) in place of the UNIX pc
stock preprocessor without any hassles, I believe.  That will stop the
problem of the "too many defines" message in the UNIX pc cpp.   Gcc is
nice, but the compiler is quite large which will take nethack much
longer to compile, and it already takes a long time!!

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny at icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |