UUCP problems

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Jan 14 17:59:24 AEST 1990

A comment was just made concerning my advice to Andy regarding "undo"ing
the getty camped on /dev/tty000 pertaining to his uucp problems.

I stated to replace the leading space in /etc/inittab's tty000 entry with a
``:'', then either "# telinit q" or reboot (whichever was most convenient :-).

Ron Wilson mentioned the setgetty program (on the UNIXPC) which, as both the
"ls" and the strings output (below) suggests, does exactly the same thing:

	$ ls -l /usr/bin/setgetty
	-rwsr-xr-x  1 root    bin        2156 Jan  1  1970 /usr/bin/setgetty
	$ strings /usr/bin/setgetty
	usage: setgetty devname state
	tty%s
1 ===>	/etc/inittab