Fast strcmp() wanted.

Alex Kiernan AlexK at tharr.UUCP
Mon Oct 1 20:38:53 AEST 1990

>  If the test of the first character saves a procedure call, then no
>matter how good the compiler is it will be faster not to do the call.

The Lattice C compiler uses a builtin strcmp, as mandated by ANSI, so often it
can generate great code, taking advantage of all sorts of alignment/length
knowledge. BTW this the LC 68000 code generator, I don't know about other
platforms.

Alex K.
--
<-- tharr *free* public access to Usenet in the UK 0234 261804 -->