leaving your terminal for lunch

Kerro Panille vch at rruxo.UUCP
Wed Sep 11 03:19:01 AEST 1985

We have a locally-developed package here that performs various desk-top
type things, one of which is 'message display'. Message Display (md)
displays the time (large banner-type numbers), date, contents of your
'new' mailbox, and any posted reminders (rem, calpost). You have to enter
your login password to free the terminal.

I have yet to see one that was able to be broken, and sometimes it gets
stuck if you turn your terminal off. We have a Micom data switch, which
usually drops the line if the terminal is shut off. Sometimes you can pick
up a port where md was on, and have to turn off your terminal to get rid of it.

Anyway, If anyone would like it, I'll mail it to you since it is made of
some 25 modules and a makefile. (I have no idea how to make archive shells,
and I'm not making 25 postings.)

PS: One minor problem. We are running SysVr1. Don't ask me how portable
it will be, but it is certianly worth the trouble.

--
Vince Hatem          	               ----------------		           A
Bell Communications Research           | UZI          |----------|_ _ _\/  T