PC-SHELL suggestion (was: Re: PC-SHELL flames)

Bob Jewett jewett at hpl-opus.HP.COM
Sat Dec 13 04:44:30 AEST 1986

> The NEXT version you see on the net will be rewritten from the ground up -
> I am reverse-engineering csh from the Xenix V.2 documentation.

    Since you're investing all that time, you might as well do the right
    thing and emulate ksh instead.  At least put in the vi/emacs command line
    editing features.  (You get a one-line very wide window in the command
    history stack.)

    I used csh for five years.  I loved it.  It took me a day to see that
    ksh was a vastly superior user interface.