B. Dalton booksellers

James C. Li li at tybalt.caltech.edu
Fri Jan 23 08:00:12 AEST 1987

In article <3911 at curly.ucla-cs.UCLA.EDU> cracraft at sonia.UUCP (Stuart M. Cracraft) writes:
>In article <1337 at cadovax.UUCP> keithd at cadovax.UUCP (Keith Doyle) writes:
>>Now, (and I've done this twice in the last 2 months) you sign the card, and
>>a week later you get it saying they're out of stock of the book in the
>>warehouse.
>>

>I have to agree on this one. In the past 6 months, I tried to order
>two books at B. Dalton. Each time I signed a card, and each time
>a short while later I got a card back saying they were out of stock.
>
>The two books were not especially rare or unusual and I later found
>both of them on the bookshelves at other bookstores.
>
>Stuart
If you are looking for technical books, try your local college bookstore.  If
you live near Caltech, MIT, or Stanford(as 90% of you technical pepple do :-),
even better.  They are used to dealing with the publishers, and usually carry
a large number of titles.  If they don't have it, they can probably order it
for you(I've never done this), but expect to pay a premium price(full retail
plus extra shipping and handling).  If you need a fix, what else can you do?

li at tybalt.caltech.edu (James Li)           __   __
(also li at citromeo.caltech.bitnet)            | |
"Official KANK symbol"         ------>       | |