Random window death

Eric A. Pearce eap at cs.bu.edu
Sat Mar 17 06:09:07 AEST 1990

  I think this has been asked before, but I didn't see an answer.
  A lot of our users have been complaining about logging into the console
  and having the initial console window not showing up.  You can open
  other windows at this point though.
  It seems to be random - it does it for different users at different times.
  Could it be related to system load?  I'm not sure what else would vary so much.
  (This is on a Iris 4D/220 GT running 3.2.1)

  -e
 Eric Pearce eap at bu-pub.bu.edu
 Boston University Information Technology
 111 Cummington Street  Boston MA 02215  617-353-2780 voice  617-353-6260 fax