Help needed: Does anyone have a berkeley lpd running on Irix?

David A Higgen daveh at xtenk.sgi.com
Thu Mar 1 08:29:25 AEST 1990

A port of lpd is in the next IRIX release (called variously 3.3, Aspen or
Birch; I don't know what the name will be in the "real world").

We don't really intend it as a general replacement for the lp spooler system,
though; mainly to allow SGI machines to send requests to BSD print servers.

The BSD code won't port directly to IRIX 3.2 for various compatibility
reasons, though these could be worked around. I'd be inclined to wait for
the official version, but if you are really in a hurry email me & I can
give you some pointers.

				Dave Higgen