Dominic Dunlop domo at tsa.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 20:15:07 AEST 1990

In article <10507 at panix.UUCP> alexis at panix.UUCP (Alexis Rosen) writes:
> In particular, will the person who sent me that long article which mentioned
> among other things the uuxqt bug (yes, i know _all_ about that one :-( )
> contact me?

Aha!  This would be the bug whereby uuxqt gets bored with processing
jobs after a while (around 20 jobs, but bafflingly variable) and either
just gives up, or, if it's feeling more playful, fails to exec the
commands for the last few batches, and sends mail back to their
originators saying ``exit status 2'' or some such.  (Looks suspiciously
like ``No such file or directory'' -- an outright lie -- to me, since I
know that one of the commands in question, rnews, cannot exit with
status 2, and I know that it's not being accessed when uuxqt starts to
barf.)

Anyway, how do you fix this sucker?  The bug, which was present in 1.1,
seems to be bigger and better in 2.0.  (I even looked on Apple's Update
and Information server for a fix.  No soap...)

Altogether now: I want my HDB!
--
Dominic Dunlop