usage accounting

Bob Lenk rml at hpfcdc.HP.COM
Sat Nov 19 10:18:20 AEST 1988

> I'd like to charge users less who run their processes at a lower priority
> (i.e. nice'd). Unfortunately I cannot find any applicable fields
> stored in the system accounting file. (structure defined in <sys/acct.h>)

It would be difficult to put in a single priority/nice value that was
meaningful, without adding complexity to the clock interrupt code.
Just recording the nice value at a single instant (probably process
termination) isn't reasonable.  A process doesn't deserve a discount
because it ends with:

		nice(20);
		exit(0);

		Bob Lenk