I can't find a good definition anywhere...

+Urban J. jbu at sfsup.UUCP
Fri May 12 03:13:24 AEST 1989

In article <2810 at buengc.BU.EDU> bph at buengc.bu.edu (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>	What does a #pragma _do_, anyway?

I've only seen #pragma used the in following context:  #pragma pack(n)
This is used to create structs whose layout is compatible with other machines.

On UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2 (The Merged UNIX/XENIX Product) the CSDS 4.1.5
uses this to make some structures compatible with 80286 chip layout.  So that
AT&T PC 6300+ UNIX Programs and XENIX 286 programs can all read the same structures
in the correct order (as the 80386 creates/writes/reads 'em).

Sincerely,
John Ben Urban