Unusual (?) problem with cd in ksh

Eduardo Krell ekrell at hector.UUCP
Wed May 10 07:01:16 AEST 1989

In article <456 at ics.COM> david at ics.COM (David B. Lewis) writes:

>The command
>	``
>kills ksh when run at the command line or in a shell script.

I just tried this on a 4.3 BSD Vax and Sun-3 and Sun-4's running
SunOS 4.0.1, all with ksh-88. Nothing happened (ie, a `` command
gave me just another prompt; there was no core dump).

What version of ksh are you running and what system is it running on?

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell at ulysses.att.com