DS3100, Gnu-emacs, and X11

George Hartzell hartzell at spike
Tue Jul 18 03:29:03 AEST 1989

In article <10094 at boulder.Colorado.EDU>, hartzell at spike (George Hartzell) writes:
>I am using Gnu-emacs 18.54 on a color DECstation 3100 running
>UWS2.1/3.1.  I built it using the s-bsd-4.3.h and m-mips.h files,
>changing the byte order pound define and the -lmld ld flag in
>m-mips.h.  It seems to work fine, but after a couple of minutes of
>work something weird happens.  The most noticable manifestation is
>that key-click gets turned on, and (less reproducibly) certain
>keystrokes start disappearing.  The missing keystrokes *might* be
>being interpreted as the "compose key" somehow; the first key stroke
>is ignored, the second generates a beep, and the third is recognized.

One more peice of information: this behaviour expresses itself most
reliably when using the emacs based news reader "gnews".  I compiled
emacs using the -g flag to cc.

g.
George Hartzell			                  (303) 492-4535
 MCD Biology, University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
hartzell at Boulder.Colorado.EDU  ..!{ncar,nbires}!boulder!hartzell