Daylight Savings Time

Jim Rees rees at apollo.uucp
Tue Dec 10 06:48:36 AEST 1985

This does seem to me like a perfect example of why dynamic linking is good.
My unix system has dynamically linked global libraries, and when I install
a new release of the system, I get all the latest C library code without
having to recompile or relink.  It also makes the binaries smaller.
Compare my /bin/date with one on another 68000 based unix system, but
without global libraries.  I bet you didn't know the date command carried
around so much baggage.

% ls -l /bin/date /yuban/bin/date
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root         5926 May  9  1985 /bin/date
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root        22528 May 13  1985 /yuban/bin/date