phys(2) under sVr3?

Andrew Klossner andrew at frip.gwd.tek.com
Wed Jun 1 10:31:55 AEST 1988

I need to augment sys V release 3 so as to let a user process map a
video frame buffer into its address space.  Something like the version 7
phys(2) call, or what the 4.2BSD mmap(2) call promised but didn't
deliver, is what I'm looking for.

Surely I'm not the first to look at this.  I'd be grateful for any
suggestions, design notes, experience-based comments, words of wisdom,
or (say it softly) working code that I can put into a proprietary,
for-profit product.

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!tekecs!andrew)       [UUCP]
                        (andrew%tekecs.tek.com at relay.cs.net)   [ARPA]