3b1 tape cartdrige

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Sat Feb 20 02:28:36 AEST 1988

In article <389 at pcbox.UUCP> pjc at pcbox.UUCP (Paul J. Condie) writes:
>I'm thinking about getting a tape backup system for my 3b1, I know ... I know
>I hate paying that kind of money too.  But I need a good solution in saving
>my files if the 3b1 craps out, where it would be cheaper to junk it.
>
>My question is if I backup on the tape cartdrige system can a 3b2 read
>a 3b1 backup tape  (cpio format).

Yes, there's a selection in the UA stuff so that you can write a 3b2 archive.
The alternative is more flexible (multiple archives per tape) but less
portable.

It's not real fast, but it sure beats feeding 60 floppies twice for a backup.

Good luck.
--

Kevin O'Gorman ( kevin at kosman ) voice: 805-984-8042
  Vital Computer Systems, 5115 Beachcomber, Oxnard, CA  93035