Pcomm too slow on console

Karl Fox karl at mstar.UUCP
Sun Jul 10 13:57:28 AEST 1988

Pcomm is slow on output because it gets each character from the modem
with a read(fd, (char *)&c, 1) and echos it with a call to fwrite().  I
sped up my copy of Pcomm about 7-fold (I use it with a TB+) just by
changing input.c to read up to 100 characters at a time, and then
echoing them in a more efficient manner.  The output is a little
bursty, but it can repaint a screen in less than 1 second at 9600 bps.
--
Karl Fox, Morning Star Technologies ...!{att,osu-cis,pyramid}!mstar!karl