/usr/include *poof!*

Stewart gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Fri Jul 15 13:07:38 AEST 1988

Has anyone else had this experience?  Using the same disks to
bring up 7 machines so far, we have had 3 come up with a shell
script file in place of the /usr/include directory and the subtended
files.  It's as though some disk randomly puts a file there, preventing
what I assume is part of the development set (the /usr/include library
files and that directory) from being installed.  It's a simple fix,
moving the file and making the directory, then copying the files from
one of our other machines, but I wonder why it happens and what the
possibility of other parts of the system being garbaged is.  These
were all new machines, with the faulty and non-faulty bringups
equally distributed between 7300s and 3B1s (yeah, right, 7 machines
-- okay almost equally).  Pretty strange.  Comments?

				- Mark

				G. Mark Stewart
				ATT_BTL, Naperville, Ill. ix1g266
				ixlpq!gms (312)979-0914