Need tty000 modem help

Elliot B Dierksen ebd at cup.portal.com
Wed Nov 16 12:58:21 AEST 1988

The problem you are having is because your /etc/gettydefs file is not set up
properly. first you need to set the modem up in the following fashion.
E0 - do not echo commands
Q1 - enable quiet mode.. never send any text output

it would be better to set those options in NVRAM or with dipswitches if
possible. next, here are some of the entries from my gettydefs file. i have a
hayes comp. 2400 baud modem which i use to call out and receive calls at
varied baud rates:

300# B300 CLOCAL BRKINT IGNPAR ISTRIP IXON IXOFF ECHO OPOST ONLCR # HUPCL
BRKINT ISTRIP ICRNL IXON OPOST ONLCR B300 CS8 CREAD ISIG ICANON ECHO ECHOE
ECHOK TAB3 #\nlogin: #2400

1200# B1200 CLOCAL BRKINT IGNPAR ISTRIP IXON IXOFF ECHO OPOST ONLCR # HUPCL
BRKINT ISTRIP ICRNL IXON OPOST ONLCR B1200 CS8 CREAD ISIG ICANON ECHO ECHOE
ECHOK TAB3 #\nlogin: #300

2400# B2400 CLOCAL BRKINT IGNPAR ISTRIP IXON IXOFF ECHO OPOST ONLCR # HUPCL
BRKINT ISTRIP ICRNL IXON OPOST ONLCR B2400 CS8 CREAD ISIG ICANON ECHO ECHOE
ECHOK TAB3 #\nlogin: #1200

if this does not solve the problem, send me some mail. i may have another
possible solution because i have been through this before with someone else.

Elliot Dierksen
ebd at cup.portal.com