pathalias problem: out of memory type error

Judy Scheltema judy at moray.UUCP
Mon Apr 3 22:44:43 AEST 1989

In article <459 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (J. Eric Townsend) writes:
>pathalias: out of memory (2460k allocated); notify the authorities
>I have this sneaking suspicion that I can only allocate 2460k per
>process under my flavor of unix. (3b1 Unix 3.0, kinda like Sys V rel 0.0).

It's not your flavor of Unix per se. I get the same thing under 3.51. I've
learned to just wait until I catch the machine fairly quiet (under .20 by
Lenny Tropiano's sysinfo daemon) and then run my mk.paths script, although
it's sometimes quite a while before I can catch moray not doing some kind
of batching/unbatching. I would love to hear other solutions who have
solved the problem without having to resort to my solution.

--
Judy Scheltema                |                     uunet!nuchat!moray!judy
			      |                            shell!moray!judy
Houston, Texas                |                 bellcore!texbell!moray!judy
Fido address: 1:106/889.5     |                     urchin.fidonet.org!judy