MSDOS cross development utilities

J. Eric Townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Wed Mar 22 16:22:39 AEST 1989

I was going to email this, but...
In article <182 at dms3b1.UUCP> dave at dms3b1.UUCP (Dave Hanna) writes:
[Description of having to develop on two machines at once, one a
MessyDos box, the other a 3b1.]

>    Currently, I'm editing files on the 3b1, compiling to check
>for syntax errors, then transferring them to the clone and using
>Borland's turbo-C for compile and debug.  I'd rather do the
>whole process here, then just transfer the .exe file.

Sorry to hit you with this, but I think you're stuck.  My old company (RIP)
had 3b1s, Motorola S8000's, AT's and 3b2's, all (supposedly) supporting
our product.

A couple of hints:

Get a compiler for each machine that you know is reliable.  We used
Microsoft 5.0 and the stock Unix compilers.  We were wishing heavily
for Ansi to hit, but...

If the application has to run on the 3b1 and the 386, let teh #ifdef become
your way to salvation.  Otherwise, lint all the 3b1 code and cross
your fingers.

>    Anyone know of such a package (either commercial or PD)?
>    Thanks.

There is a product like this for OS9 and Unix, I'm sure that helps you
a ton. :-)