MSDOS cross development utilities

Peter Fales pfales at ttrde.UUCP
Tue Mar 28 01:26:40 AEST 1989

In article <182 at dms3b1.UUCP>, dave at dms3b1.UUCP (Dave Hanna) writes:
> Does anyone know if there are any utility sets available
> that will let you cross compile ( 'C' language) and generate
> either MSDOS .obj or .exe files on the 3b1?

Have you thought about using the DOS-73 board.  I don't remember the
exact details, but I had a similar situation a while back.  If
you type DOS-73.sh, you get an MS-DOS shell, but if you type

DOS-73.sh <file name>

the characters from the file are fed to DOS, and whatever command you
run (probably a .BAT file)  can finish up with an exitdos command.
The only problem with this is there is that only a limited number of
characters can be sent to dos this way.  I don't remember how many, but
it was not more than one or two commands.  But I was able to automate
the whole development process, (including make) to create the dos files.
--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 2F-217
				200 Park Plaza